I have participated in professional service activities in a variety of contexts:
1. Government programs, professional organizations, publishers
- member of national screening committee for Fulbright English Teaching Assistant program;
- member of editorial advisory board for TESOL Quarterly;
- manuscript reviewer for variety of professional journals (e.g., English for Specific Purposes, Language Learning, Journal of Second Language Writing, CALICO Journal);
- conference proposal reviewer for variety of professional conferences (e.g., Second Language Research Forum, AAAL, TESOL);
- grant application reviewer for Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC);
- textbook reviewer for Pearson ELT, Pearson education ESL.
3. Academic unit (English department)
- director of undergraduate studies;
- director of MA and PhD programs in linguistics and applied linguistics, and MTESOL program;
- chair and/or member of various committees (e.g., graduate committee, linguistics/TESOL area committee, MTESOL admissions subcommittee, undergraduate awards committee, undergraduate curriculum committee).